Kwasitsu, Dr. Lishi
- Ph.D., Librarianship; Monash University, Australia
- Master of Arts, Librarianship; Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Graduate Diploma, Librarianship; University of Ghana
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons), English; University of Ghana
Areas of Teaching
- Research Methods
- Information Literacy
- Reading & Writing
- Quantitative analysis of scholarly communication
- Information-seeking behavior of artisans, professionals and students
- Early printing and the book trade
- Oral history interviews with the residents of Mepe and its environs
- Monash University Graduate Scholarship, Melbourne, Australia.
- South Africa Research Fellowship, Center for African Studies, University of Cape Town.
- Mellon Research Fellowship, Center for Virginia History, Virginia Historical Society, Richmond, VA.
- Student Liaison Co-Chair, Executive Board, Special Libraries, Association Western Canada Chapter, Edmonton, AB, Canada.
- Student Practicum Supervisor, University of Alberta School of Library & Information Studies Edmonton, AB, Canada.
Dr. Kwasitsu joined the Warner Pacific faculty in 2017 after working for 15 years as a Research Librarian/Information Analyst, at Intel Corp. Prior to moving to the United States, he was a Prospect Researcher, Development Office, at University of Alberta, Canada; and the Research Services Supervisor, EPCOR, Inc., Canada’s first municipally owned electric utility.
Dr. Kwasitsu taught Librarianship at the University of the West Indies, Jamaica and the University of Ghana. He was a Research Fellow, Center for African Studies, University of Cape Town, South Africa. Dr. Kwasitsu served as the Head, Technical Services, University of Maiduguri Library, Nigeria and the Foundation Secretary of the University’s Senate Library Committee. He was also a Cataloger/Space Planner, University of Calabar Library, Nigeria. Dr Kwasitsu is an usher at the Palace of Praise, United Pentecostal Church, in Aloha, Oregon and he enjoys traveling and cooking.
Learn more about Dr. Kwasitsu by visiting him on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lishikwasitsu/
- “”, Libri 35:3 (1985), 218-226.
- “”, The Bibliographical Society of Australia and New Zealand Bulletin 9:4 (Fourth Quarter 1985), 121-138.
- “”, New Zealand Libraries 45:1 (March 1986), 1-6.
- “”, The Turnbull Library Record (New Zealand) 19:2 (October 1986), 123-140.
- “”, The Bibliographical Society of Australia and New Zealand Bulletin 10:2 &3 (1986), 46-60.
- “”, The Turnbull Library Record (New Zealand) 20:1 (May 1987), 31-43.
- “”, International Library Review 19 (January 1987), 73-80.
- “”, Scholarly Publishing (Canada) 22:4 (July 1991), 231-240.
- “”, Libraries & Culture: A Journal of Library History (USA) 27:2 (Spring 1992), 143-176.
- “”, The Bibliographical Society of Australia and New Zealand Bulletin 16:2 (Second Quarter, 1992), 75-83.
- “, 1850-1900”, The Library (Great Britain) Sixth Series 16:1 (March 1994), 30-42.
- (Wellington, NZ: Elibank Press), 1996 ISBN:0-9583496-1-4.
- “”, Library & Information Science Research (USA) 25:3 & 4 (2003), 459-476.
- “”, Social Dynamics (South Africa) 30:1 (2004), 170-192.
- “Advertising in Australian newspapers: the case of the Bendigo Advertiser and the Bendigo Independent”, Publishing History (Great Britain) 56 (2004), 53-70.
- “ Papers of the Bibliographical Society of America 101:2 (2007), 170-192.
- “Mobile information behavior of Warner Pacific University students”, Library & Information Science Research Volume 41, Issue 2,(2019), 139-150.